Receiving a negative review can be an unexpected disappointment. However, negative reviews are also an opportunity to learn how you can improve your shoppers’ experiences.
Reviews are people’s opinions and you can’t please everyone all of the time. Unless a review violates SVM’s policies, or the member requests to have their account permanently deleted, it can’t be removed. The best way to deal with a negative review that is in line with our policies is to learn from the experience and strive to solve the issues the buyer presented the next time you sell an item.
If the issue that your buyer mentions is one you believe you can improve, consider responding to them in Messages first. If the issue isn’t one you can meaningfully improve upon for this buyer, letting it go and moving on can be the best option.
Learn more about providing great customer service to buyers.
If the review violates SVM’s policies #
Reviews, and your response to reviews, violate SVM’s policies if they:
- Contain private information
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims
- Contain advertising or spam
- Are only about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier (mentioned by name), SVM, or a third party
- Contain threats or extortion
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score
Unless a review violates one of these rules, we can’t remove it.