With So Vegan Market you can offer your clients a local pickup or a delivery option.
Local Pickup #
To offer Local Pickup on So Vegan Market you may choose this option when setting up your shipping options. When setting up the “Shipping by Country” option, tick the Enable Local Pickup option if you wish to offer your clients local pickup. This option will now be available during checkout. You can also configure the Local Pickup Cost, if you wish to charge any amount for the pickup.
SVM doesn’t have a special Delivery option on the Shipping settings, so if you’d like to add this, be as clear as you can in your listings and policies that your items offer a local pickup/delivery. Know more about Shipping configurations here.
If a buyer outside of your local area purchases your item and the only option of shipment on your store is local pickup or delivery, you must either ship the order or refund and cancel the order (assuming that you are not willing to deliver a purchase that far). Failure to do so may result in the suspension of your selling privileges.
Meeting in Person #
If you agree to meet in person, keep in mind these personal safety tips:
- Always meet in a well-lit, public place—during daylight hours if possible.
- Do not go to a secluded place or a member’s home, and do not invite a stranger into your home.
- If possible, get to know the member through their public profile information on social media or websites.
- Bring someone with you.
- Tell a friend or family member where you are going.
- Keep your cell phone on you.
- Trust your instincts. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
In the unlikely event that something goes wrong with your transaction, we recommend that you have confirmation of pick-up or delivery. Confirmation may include a signed receipt, a photograph of the delivery, or a Message sent by the buyer confirming receipt of the order.