We already covered on the Beginner’s Guide to Shipping the following topics:
- Shipping Basics
- Shipping profiles Overview
- How to set up shipping policies
On the Free Shipping Offer were covered the following topics:
- Why Free Shipping
- Can I offer Free Shipping to Specific Places and on Specific products?
- Offering free shipping to all buyers
(If you don’t have a Shipstation account yet create one here.) ShipStation is a web-based shipping service that streamlines the order fulfillment process for online retailers, handling everything from order import and batch label creation to customer communication. ShipStation is a great fit for businesses with any number of users or locations. (US, UK, Canada and Australia)
Our ShipStation integration will help you to get your orders from your Store with ShipStation and expedite the shipping process as part of their order fulfillment steps.
To configure your ShipStation :
- Go to your Store Manager Dashboard
- Open the Settings tab
- Click on ShipStation
The Authentication Key is the first thing you’ll see here. This is generated for you and can’t be changed here. It’s a unique key that you’ll use when connecting your store to ShipStation.
Export Order Statuses #
Select the orders with statuses you want to be sent to ShipStation. We recommend sending only orders that have been paid for, those being: Processing, Completed, and possibly On-Hold/Cancelled.
Shipped Order Status #
Next, the Shipped order status should be changed once marked shipped in ShipStation. We recommend Completed as that usually means the order needs no further action.
Sign up with ShipStation #
If you don’t have a Shipstation account yet create one here. With the plugin setup we need to now connect your store to your ShipStation account. ShipStation leads the e-commerce with software designed to make e-commerce retailers exceptionally efficient at processing, fulfilling, and shipping their orders from all the most popular marketplaces and shopping carts using all the top carriers.
To set up your ShipStation account you’ll be prompted to pick a ‘Selling Channel’ that will let you connect to your store.
If you’re an existing ShipStation user, you can find this at: ShipStation Account Settings > Selling Channels > Connect a store or marketplace.
After selecting WooCommerce we’re ready to set up the connection between your store and ShipStation account.
Enter the Auth Key found on your site at: Settings > ShipStation. This is a unique key generated by the plugin and allows ShipStation to securely connect to your store.
Next, enter your Store URL (you find your store URL by clicking on the Name of your Store on the top left of your Store Manager dashboard) as this tells ShipStation where to check for this specific Auth Key. Select ‘Test Connection’ and Finish.
How to set up Shipping Profiles #
To create a shipping profile:
- On Soveganmarket.com, click the Your Account icon, then click Shop Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Click Shipping .
- Enable Shipping.
- Choose the Processing Time– the processing time is the time you need to prepare the order. Please choose a realistic processing time. Take in consideration the busy days, weekends, etc.
- Choose the Shipping Type.
Shipping by Country #
The Shipping type available for most vendors is the “Shipping by Country” option. So Vegan Market allows vendors to set the shipping cost in terms of specified countries and also default options, independently of the country. These default options are:
- Default Shipping Price: This will be the base shipping price of all the products of the vendor irrespective of countries and states.
- Per Product Additional Price: This cost will we applied to every second type of product from the same vendor in the cart.
- Per Qty Additional Price: This cost will be applied to every second quantity of the same product of the vendor which is present in the cart.
- Free Shipping Minimum order amount: The amount entered here will be the benchmark above which the shipping will be free.
- Enable local pickup: enable this is you wish to offer local pickup for your store. Know more here.
- Local pickup cost: if you wish to charge any amount for the pickup.
- Ships from: where you are located/ where your items are dispatched
Shipping by country calculation: #
SVM already have two default options configured: Portugal and the rest of the World. This configuration is only a guide and you can change it if you wish. The values SVM opted to use are the standard shipping costs used by CTT.
The following options need to be set for shipping calculation for specific countries.
- Ships from: The country from where the vendor ships products.
Shipping rates by country:
The Vendor can set the shipping price for each country selecting the country name from the dropdown box. The number of countries can be increased by clicking the plus sign at the bottom.
Shipping prices can also be entered for states of individual countries by selecting the state names from the State Shipping Rates box and entering the shipping cost for that state. The number of states can also be increased by clicking the plus sign at the bottom
When the customer adds your products to the cart, the shipping cost will be calculated according to the shipping country selected by the customer.
Shipping Policy #
The Shipping Policy belongs to the Shop Policies Topic, and you can find them here.
It also possible to define policies for each product separately.
Policies can be set from Store Manager Dashboard – Product manager -> Product Policies Tab
Policies will be sent to customers with store invoice.
The following are all important points to include in a thorough Shipping Policy:
- Processing time,
- Shipping time,
- Shipping options,
- Shipping restrictions,
- Accepted payment methods and
- Any material additional information
Setting up Shipping to individual Products #
If necessary you can make new shipping rules for each product.
- on your Shop Manager Dashboard go to Products
- Add a new Product or Edit an existing one
- Bellow descriptions you have a few options, including Shipping.
- Fill the Weight (g) and Dimensions (cm)
- Processing time– to get an order ready to ship
- Override Shipping– Here you can override your store previous shipping configurations by adding an additional price and a per quantity additional price (every second similar product added to cart).