This guide helps you through the first steps of opening your shop, shares tips on how to get a strong start, and provides resources for further guidance along the way.
Jump to a section:
- Get to know So Vegan Market
- Open your shop
- Do I need a business license to sell on So Vegan Market?
- Shop setup
- Adding listings to your shop
- How to: Marketing and promotion
- Manage your shop
- Questions about setting up your shop?
Get to Know So Vegan Market #
So Vegan Market is an unique Marketplace for buying and Selling Vegan Products and Services. You will find small individual sellers, small and medium companies that offers several products free of animal products and animal exploration. Our aim is to unite vegans and non vegans in a great community where no one needs to read labels before purchasing a great vegan product.
Open Your Shop #
Before you create your shop, register as a vendor or create a So Vegan Market account. You’ll use this account to run your shop and to buy from other makers on SVM. After creating your vendor account, a quick setup wizard will help you to configure the basic settings.
To open your So Vegan Matket shop:
- Go to Seller Page at the top right of Soveganmarket.com.
- Click Store Manager.
- Your Shop Dashboard will open. From here you can manage everything associated with your shop and profile.
You need to complete the first step of opening your shop on a desktop web browser.
Learn more about opening a shop.
Do I need a business license to sell on So Vegan Market? #
SVM doesn’t require sellers to have a business license to sell on SVM.
However, when selling on So Vegan Market you’re required to follow any laws that apply to you as a small business selling online. If you have any questions regarding which laws apply to you, please contact a qualified professional.
Shop Setup #
Once you’ve signed up to sell on SVM, there are a few steps you need to take to complete your shop setup and prepare to start selling items. Like any online business, you should think through key factors in your selling workflow. Consider things like production time, policies, and your plan for shipping.
Key shop elements to address:
- Profile Manager: Upload your personal picture or Avatar, fill the First and last name, email, phone and language. On The address tab fill in all sections. On the verification tab upload the documents necessary to become a verified seller. This is important so you can get paid. Take note that this information is shared with SVM administration only, We do not share personal information with anyone.
- Store General Settings: If you didn’t name your shop yet, do it now. Use your business name or create a new one. Also check the store email and phone number.
- Banner and shop logo: Upload clear photos that represent the style of your brand and make a strong first impression on shoppers.
- Shop description: Share a brief welcome message with shoppers. You can Upload videos or photos and share the story behind your products, how your business came to be, and what your vision is for your brand. Learn how to craft a great About section.
- Shop policies: Outline all your policies for shipping, refunds, cancellation, returns, or any other guidelines that are important for shoppers to know before they make a purchase.
Adding listings to your shop #
Once you’ve completed all your shop sections, you are ready to start adding products to your SVM shop. When you add a product to your SVM shop, we call this a listing. Learn how to list an item.
How to: Marketing and promotion #
A good marketing strategy is key to the success of your So Vegan Market shop. Marketing will help new customers find your products, your existing customers up to date with your latest news, and can lead to an overall rise in sales.
Tips for getting started with marketing:
- Make sure you’re optimizing your shop for SVM search. Make sure to add your location so that your shop can be found in local searches.
- Consider marketing your shop through paid advertising.
- Consider offering discounts to incentivize shoppers to buy with sales and coupons.
- Find a local vegan fair or market where you can sell your goods.
Manage your shop #
After you’ve listed your items in your shop, there are other factors to manage as your business develops and grows.
Tips for managing your shop:
- Make sure you follow customer service best practices so you’re qualified for a verified seller.
- Learn what to do when you make your first sale.
- Read about SVM’S Review system.
- Take a break from your shop when needed.
Questions about setting up your shop? #
Explore other topics on our help Center, check our recent posts, FAQ’S or Contact Us if you cant find what you are looking for.